Observe any selling of alcohol to underage persons

Observe the practices of licensed premises in your area.

If you see or suspect any licensed premises are supplying alcohol to young people (those you believe to be under 18 years of age) report this to the local Police or licensing inspector at your local Council.  Encourage them to monitor and enforce the law.

You could repcord any suspected underage purchasing in an incident log.

Click here for an incident log

Click here for Checklist for Licensed Premises compliance with alcohol sales


Start a local campaign

Work with your local health promotion team (District Health Board/Regional Public Health Service) and other interested parties to mount a campaign aimed at ensuring licensed premises in your area comply with their obligations not to sell alcohol to minors.

You could also raise awareness of the need to reduce the supply of alcohol to young people in your community.